Munich Strategy Construction Index
EXPLORE THE MCX.
- The MCX is an interactive tool for understanding the performance of companies in the construction sector. It provides insights on the global capital markets for construction companies.
- The index covers over 100 manufacturers, distributors and service providers in the construction industry worldwide.
- It includes only companies whose core business is construction. Munich Strategy has ensured that each region, segment and size is sufficiently represented in the index. Thus, the MCX is the first index to provide a real-time representation of the industry as a whole.
- The MCX starts at 100 points on January 1st, 2000, which allows insight into macro-trends and cyclicality of the industry.
- Daily change is calculated by means of change in total (free float) market capitalization of all included companies.
- The tool allows comparison between different subsets of the index.
HOW WE USE IT.
Munich Strategy uses the index to benchmark customers’ performance and their competitors’ with the index and derive implications. Who outperforms the index? Who defies a downturn? What’s the impact of macro trends on a segment level? Where are the regional differences? These are some of the questions we strive to answer.